Story at a glance:
- ChatGPT is a chatbot powered by artificial intelligence (AI). “GPT” stands for “generative pretrained transformer,” and the “chat” indicates that it’s a chatbot.
- ChatGPT, released at the end of November 2022, has taken internet users by storm, acquiring more than 1 million users in the first five days. Two months after its release, it had more than 30 million users.
- ChatGPT or something like it will replace conventional search engines. Any online query will have only one answer, and that answer will not be based on all available knowledge, but the data the bot is allowed to access. As such, the owners and programmers of the bot will have complete information control.
- While OpenAI, the creator of this groundbreaking AI chatbot, is a private company, we should not linger under the illusion that they’re not part of the control network that will ultimately be ruled and run by a technocratic One World Government.
- Early testers of ChatGPT are reporting the bot is developing disturbing and frightening tendencies, berating, gaslighting and even threatening and harassing users. It also plays fast and loose with facts, in one case insisting it was February 2022, when in fact it was February 2023.
“GPT” stands for “generative pretrained transformer,” and the “chat” indicates that it’s a chatbot. The first GPT platform was created by OpenAI in 2018.
The current version was released at the end of November 2022, and it took internet users by storm, acquiring more than 1 million users in the first five days.
Two months after its release, there were more than 30 million users.
ChatGPT uses “machine learning” — statistical pattern finding in huge datasets — to generate human-like responses in everyday language to any question asked of it. It basically works by predicting what the next word in a sentence ought to be based on previous examples found in the massive amounts of data that’s been fed into it….