The Biden administration on Friday announced a new $400 million weapons package for Ukraine that includes ammunition for the HIMARS rocket systems, artillery rounds, and 25mm ammunition for Bradley Fighting Vehicles.
The package is being provided through the presidential drawdown authority, which allows President Biden to arm Ukraine with weapons and ammunition sitting in US military stockpiles. The new equipment comes as the US is helping Ukraine prepare for a potential counteroffensive against Russian forces.
According to the Pentagon, the full package includes:
- Additional ammunition for HIMARS
- Additional 155mm artillery rounds
- Additional 105mm artillery rounds
- Additional 25mm ammunition
- Armored Vehicle Launched Bridges
- Demolition munitions and equipment for obstacle clearing
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair
- Spare parts and other field equipment
According to a fact sheet released by the Pentagon the same day, the US has pledged $32.2 billion in military equipment for Ukraine since the Russian invasion on February 24, 2022….